As the podcast winds to a close, Tracey and I wanted to take some time to discuss our reasons for starting the podcast, what it’s brought into our lives (hint: not fame or fortune), and why we’re choosing to discontinue making it. We also talk about why you should just do the thing already, why personal projects are still worthwhile even if nobody knows about them, and why we should all ask ourselves more often: Why am I doing this?
Specific topics include:
- Why we started the podcast
- How do we define success?
- How do we determine if something is worthwhile to pursue, especially creatively?
- The barrier to entry is not as big as we think it is
- Epiphanies we’ve had on the podcast
- How doing the podcast has positively impacted our businesses
- Why listening to my own voice has been healing for me
- Self-judgment and the inner critic
- How we hold ourselves back from doing what we want to do
- You’re not for everybody
- How putting a lot of personal information out there has benefited our businesses
- Building confidence by trying things out
- On seeing yourself as a leader
- It’s still valuable if it’s not a giant commercial success
- It’s not always about money or prestige or exposure
- Personal projects kept private are still worthwhile
- Protecting privacy
- Social media and small business
- Why Tracey has taken a step back from social media
- Tracey and my new writing projects and how we are both getting in our own ways
- Would we recommend starting a podcast?
- Are you doing the thing to impress other people or because you actually want to do the thing?
- Why are we discontinuing the podcast?
- If you resent the thing, it might be time to move on
- And more!
As always, reviews and 5-star ratings are greatly appreciated. Please head over to iTunes to leave one today if you haven’t yet. It only takes a few minutes and does a lot to help us reach a wider audience with the show! Don’t forget, if you’d like to support the podcast by making a donation, you can do so through Paypal here. Thank you!
Direct Download (Right click to download)
My Instagram post about being unapologetic yourself
Tracey’s fannypack post on Instagram
pedX in Portland OR
The World Before Your Feet documentary
Piquing Our Curiosity:
Remember, the podcast only has three more episodes left! So if you have any topics or questions you’d like us to address before we sign off for good, DM me on Instagram @caylyc.acu or email us at our joint email account: email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Finally, one more request for you to please head over to iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and/or review if you’re enjoying the podcast. We may be discontinuing new episodes, but we still want the podcast to live on! Please note that you have to search for Curious & Curiouser in iTunes in order to leave a review — even if you’re already subscribed. Thanks so much for the support and for taking this annoying extra step to rate us. We really appreciate it!