Direct Download (Right click to download)
In this week’s episode of the podcast, Tracey and I talk about manifesting — a word we see being tossed around a lot in the self-help and personal development arena — often to the detriment of those who fall prey to the hype. We discuss the ways that our attempts to manifest can go wrong and leave us feeling less content in the end. We also call bullshit on The Secret (which is something I did previously in this article I wrote a few months back), talk about how to manifest effectively, and discuss what that looks like in our own lives.
Other highlights include:
- How do we define manifesting? Do Tracey and I believe in it?
- Relationship between spirituality, religion, and manifesting?
- Our thoughts about The Secret and our gripes with it
- How I got sucked into the Secret for a while when I was younger and my experience with it
- How Tracey talks with her clients about manifesting in their lives
- The difference between passive and active manifesting
- Can you manifest a partner? How?
- What happened when I made a list of all the qualities I wanted in a partner
- Tracey’s perspective on luck and how it relates to manifesting
- Why writing things down and meditating on them can be an important part of the process
- Tracey’s 3 steps to change a habit
- Should we entertain the worst case scenario or fear our negative thought patterns?
- Are some of us wired to be more pessimistic and focused on the negative in general? Or is this learned?
- Interpersonal neurobiology and neuroscience as they relate to our ways of thinking
- How bodywork, exercise, and movement can help us rewire our brains
- Why physical therapy made me cry
- The role climbing a rope played in Tracey’s divorce
- The Art of Taking Action by Gregg Krech
- And more!
Other relevant links:
As usual, if you like this discussion, please share it with a friend! And then go subscribe in iTunes and leave us a 5-star review. Your support is appreciated!